Support the Arts and Humanities
Jeff Smith is a strong supporter of the arts and humanities in Illinois. Here, he chats with constituents and Evanston’s Ethnic Arts Fest.
- longtime representation of musicians, writers, designers, and other creatives
- member, Art Institute of Chicago
- online promotion of musical, artistic, and literary events and issues
- musician, writer, and photographer
"Similar considerations apply to the humanities. History and preservation, in particular, have great importance to any society. Apart from cultural benefit, the knowledge they impart better enables us to address our future.
"State government should consider support for the arts and humanities not as luxury or frivolity, but as essential to what makes us a better people and a richer community. I will be an advocate in Springfield for the role of the performing, decorative, and visual arts as well as literature, music, poetry, and newer art forms, and for the preservation, study, understanding, and communication of culture." — Jeff Smith
- Fund the Arts for Economic Impact
- Jeff at the Dr. Hill Community Gateway Dedication
- Jeff's post on the American Crafts Exposition
Back to Issues